Association History

The Pocono Mountains Association of REALTORS® was founded by a handful of real estate brokers in 1926, as the Monroe County Real Estate Board. In 1929, this group became a charter member of the National Association of REALTORS®. The following year the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) was born. The Association's MLS has evolved from a loose-leaf notebook in 1930, to a sophisticated, easy-to-access online system of today.

The Pocono Mountains Board of REALTORS® received its name on November 13, 1952, followed by a change to its current name, Pocono Mountains Association of REALTORS®, Inc. on March 20, 1996, making it an all member association. As of 2007, the Association's membership has grown to over 300 offices and approximately 1250 REALTOR members. In addition to Monroe County, the Pocono Mountains Association of REALTORS® MLS also displays listings located in the following counties: Carbon, Northampton, Lackawanna, Pike, Wayne, and Luzerne.

Over the years, the real estate business has become more and more complex. Our Association strives to satisfy the needs of all buyers and sellers by keeping our members informed and up-to-date on all aspects of the real estate industry. In addition, the Association serves as the medium for guiding our REALTORS® to the adherence to the Code of Ethics established by the National Association of REALTORS®.