The Pocono Mountains Association of REALTORS® was founded by a handful of real estate brokers in 1926 as the Monroe County Real Estate Board. In 1929, this group became a charter member of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The following year the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) was born. The Association’s MLS has evolved from a loose-leaf notebook in 1930, to a sophisticated, easy-to-access online system of today. In addition to Monroe County, the Pocono Mountains Association of REALTORS® MLS system also includes listings located in the counties of Carbon, Northampton, Lackawanna, Pike, Wayne, and Luzerne.
The Pocono Mountains Board of REALTORS® received its name on November 13, 1952, followed by a change to its current name, Pocono Mountains Association of REALTORS®, Inc. on March 20, 1996, making it an all member association. As of 2007, the Association’s membership has grown to over 300 offices and approximately 1,250 REALTOR® members.